Bull announces NovaScale R600 and T800, the new series of its NovaScale Universal line
Bull completes its NovaScale family with the announcement of its NovaScale line of servers based on Intel® Xeon® processors.
Significant step in Bull's strategy to enable the implementation of flexible application architectures based on industry standard technologies
- The new NovaScale R600 series is made up of fault-tolerant servers in 'rack' format, enabling the implementation of high-availability infrastructures that are easy and highly cost-effective to deploy
- The NovaScale T800 series is made up of 'tower' format servers designed to be used as departmental or workgroup servers
- In common with all NovaScale servers, both new ranges are administered using NovaScale Master and also offer Bull StoreWay storage solutions, making a significant contribution to reducing the complexity of major organizations' IT infrastructures.
28, 2006 -
Bull announces the launch of its new NovaScale R600 and NovaScale T800 series of open servers. They both belong to the NovaScale Universal line of servers featuring Intel® Xeon® processors.
Open and flexible application infrastructures, at the heart of Bull's strategy to extend its NovaScale server family
In addition to the NovaScale Intensive line of large-scale servers based on Intel® Itanium® 2 processors, designed to host the most demanding commercial and scientific applications, Bull announces the NovaScale Universal line, that addresses all kinds of enterprise computing requirements: from front-office servers to application and database servers.
The NovaScale R600 series is made up of fault-tolerant servers in 'rack' format, enabling the implementation of high-availability applications in a Windows 2003® environment.
The NovaScale T800 series is made up of 'tower' format servers for workgroups under Windows® or Linux®.
"This expansion of the NovaScale server family underlines Bull's strategy to be the benchmark supplier for open infrastructures," confirms Michel Lepert, Bull's General Manager of Products and Systems activities. "This aims at enabling public and private sector organizations to simplify their IT infrastructures."
The NovaScale R620
The newly-launched NovaScale R620 is the first model in the NovaScale R600 series. A fault-tolerant server, available in 'rack' format, it is designed for organizations looking for an extremely reliable and cost-effective application platform.
The model includes the following technical features:
- Up to 2 Intel® Xeon® @3.8GHz processors
- Up to 12GB of memory (DDR2 SDRAM)
- Integrated dual channel Utra320 SCSI controller
- Dual Port Gigabit Ethernet controller for fast throughput
- Remote administration tools
- Windows 2003® Enterprise Edition preloaded
The price of a configuration including 2 processors, 2GB of memory, 73GB of disks and Windows 2003® Enterprise Edition preloaded is 29,884.
The NovaScale T840
The NovaScale T840 is the first in the new NovaScale T800 series of servers. This 'tower' server is aimed at organizations looking for a simple and easy-to-install server for workgroups, file or printer server operations.
The model includes the following technical features:
- Up to 2 dual-core Intel® Xeon® 5000 processors
- L2 cache memory of 2 x 2MB
- Fast I/O throughput: 5 PCI-Express slots
- Choice between 6 hot-swap disks with SATA, SCSI or SAS technologies
- Dual Port Gigabit Ethernet controller for a higher throughput
- Fixed or hot-swap redundant power supply
The price of a configuration including 1 dual-core 3.0GHz processor, 1GB of memory, 1 disk of 80GB is 1,891
About Bull, an Atos company
Bull is the trusted partner for enterprise data. The Group, which is firmly established in the Cloud and in Big Data, integrates and manages high-performance systems and end-to-end security solutions. Bull's offerings enable its customers to process all the data at their disposal, creating new types of demand. Bull converts data into value for organisations in a completely secure manner.
Bull currently employs around 9,200 people across more than 50 countries, with over 700 staff totally focused on R&D. In 2013, Bull recorded revenues of 1.3 billion.
For more information:
http://www.bull.com / http://www.facebook.com/BullGroup / http://twitter.com/bull_com
Atos SE (Societas Europaea) is a leader in digital services with 2013 pro forma annual revenue of 10 billion and 86,000 employees in 66 countries. Serving a global client base, the Group provides Consulting & Systems Integration services, Managed Services & BPO, Cloud operations, Big Data & Security solutions, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, the Group works with clients across different business sectors: Defence, Health, Manufacturing, Media & Utilities, Public Sector, Retail, Telecommunications and Transportation.
Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and is listed on the Euronext Paris market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting, Atos Worldgrid, Bull, Canopy, and Worldline.
For more information, visit: atos.net